Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock
Please contact me if you have encountered
any bugs or if you have requests for new features.
The following are known bugs and will be fixed sooner or later (depending
on the severity):
- Some users have reported problems when using the alarm clock with Windows
Vista. It seems that Windows Vista is very strict about applications writing
to some folders, such as "Program files". If you installed the alarm clock
in a folder in "Program files" and you experience problems, you should try
installing it in a folder where you have full access, such as "My documents".
- Someone reported that the sound of the alarm clock action (the picture of
the alarm clock with a ringing sound) would not stop until exiting the program.
More reports of this would be appreciated.
- Under some conditions an error has been reported to occur when manually
exiting the program.
- Unchecking the 'enable snooze option' does not always disable the snooze
- It has been reported that the 'speak message' action sometimes doesn't work
and is then executed twice on the next (same) alarm.
The following are improvements/features which will be included in the next
The following are improvements/features which will or may be included later:
- A more user friendly way to set the date/time of an alarm is planned for
a future version.
- Extended possibilities for speaking a message, such as speaking a message
repeatedly. (Will probably become a plug-in.)
- Sounding alarms at the start or exit of the program.
- More options for the 'override sound volume' feature. Currently, when this
feature is enabled, the master volume is always set to the maximum and the
wav volume is set to the specified volume.
- When an alarm is set for a date in the past, you are notified of this, but
it is not possible to cancel the changes made to the alarm at that point.
- Options to change the date/time format in the calendar.
The following are features which can't or won't be included:
- Synchronization of the computer's time with time-servers over the Internet.
I've decided not to include this in the program. There are a number of freeware
programs that can do this and recent versions of Windows even have built in
functionality for time synchronization.
- Some people have asked me to make it possible to synchronize the alarms
with the calendar on a pocket pc. I currently have no time to implement such